25 snakelets rescued from house in central India, safely released into wild

25 snakelets rescued from house in central India, safely released into wild
In a startling incident, 25 snakelets were rescued from a house in central India’s Madhya Pradesh.The snakelets, though young, posed a potential threat and were safely relocated to a nearby forest by a snake catcher.
The incident took place in the Bamhurha Hinota village under Bhedaghat area of Jabalpur district on May 24.
Visuals showed a man carefully removing at least 25 snakes from a plastic bag and placing them into a container. Some of the snakes were alive and wriggling, while others lay still. Around him, a crowd of local onlookers had gathered, watching the scene with a mix of curiosity and apprehension. The man handled the snakes with expertise, ensuring they were safely contained in the vessel. The setting was a typical village area, with people standing close by, eager to see the unusual event unfold.
The incident unfolded when a resident, Subhadra, was cleaning the courtyard and decided to move a sack that had been lying under the stairs for several days. To her horror, she discovered a snakelet slithering out. Soon after, numerous snakelets began emerging, causing her to scream. Her husband, Vijay Singh Thakur, along with neighbors, rushed to the scene and immediately called snake catcher Gajendra Dubey for assistance. Dubey managed to capture 15 snakelets initially, while the remaining were found hiding in the soil beneath the stairs. After carefully digging them out, a total of 25 snakelets were safely collected.
These were identified as keelback checkered water snakes, a species not highly venomous but still capable of posing serious risks. The snakelets were placed in a bag, and Dubey released some into the forest and others into the Devtal pond.

The rescue operation was captured on video, showing the snakelets writhing in a pan before being released. Despite the potential danger, the timely intervention ensured that the snakelets were handled safely, avoiding any harm to the residents or the snakes.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.