Electrocuted, young monkey saved by Good Samaritans in central India

A team of Good Samaritans provided first aid and treatment for a young monkey that sustained grave injuries resulting from electrocution in central India’s Madhya Pradesh.

The incident took place near Nandi Wala Mandir in Chhatarpur district of the state on March 14.

Visuals showed a vet using a cotton ball to clean the monkey’s wound, while a man gently brushes its head. The monkey makes a noise, flinching in pain, while the man tries to comfort it by brushing its head.

Another visual showed a man, whose face could not be seen, feeding the monkey. In another, the simian is seen eating food on its own, while a third one showed the monkey interacting with a puppy.

According to reports, upon receiving the news, Raviraj Singh of Gau Seva Parivar, rushed to the spot with other members- Subham Rajput, Pankaj Vishwakarma, Mayank Karthik Singh and Prem Singh Raja- rescued the monkey and rushed it to a vet, where it received treatment.

Speaking to Newslions, Raviraj Singh said that the monkey is a four-month-old female.

“It is a stray monkey and will stay with me for at least a month. The wounds are yet to heal, but it is improving already,” Singh told Newslions.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.