Massive fire erupts at boys’ hostel in northern India, several injured

Massive fire erupts at boys’ hostel in northern India, several injured

A massive fire broke out at a boys’ hostel in northern India’s Rajasthan which left eight students injured.

This happened at the Adarsh Residency hostel in Laxman Vihar in Kunhari police station limits in Kota district of the state on April 15.

Visuals showed the massive fire at the building and the boys, trapped inside, were putting their best foot forward in an attempt to escape and come out. The fire was right at the bottom of the building and the flames looked pretty intense and serious with thick black smoke emanating from each of the floors. The boys trapped inside had to resort to using hanging wires to climb out of one of the balconies and go on top of the building. It was a pretty nervy move by the ones trapped inside and that seemed to be the only option for such a time as that.


As per a report, a short circuit caused the fire to break out in an electronic transformer which was installed at the ground floor of the building. Eight students suffered injuries and fortunately, six of them weren’t seriously hurt and were rushed to the Maharao Bheem Singh (MBS) Hospital. A student had suffered a fractured leg and was hospitalized. He had tried to jump from the building’s first floor. There was another student who suffered burn injuries to the chest, neck and arms and both of them were admitted. Two fire tenders arrived at the spot after receiving information and the flames were doused in one hour. The hostel was subsequently sealed on the orders of the Kota district collector for non-compliance to safety norms.


*Non Exclusive Video Rights*

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.