Smoke incident on express train in southern India sparks alarm among passengers
A smoke scare aboard a train caused panic among passengers after a burning cigarette ignited plastic waste in one of the coaches in southern India’s Andhra Pradesh.
The incident took place at Gudur Junction in Nellore district on August 9.
Visuals showed thick smoke filling the train’s interior, the locomotive came to a halt, and all passengers were evacuated. The billowing smoke had created a scene of chaos and anxiety, prompting an immediate response.
The train was stopped at Manubolu after the loco pilot was alerted by the staff.
The railway staff found smoke emanating from the toilet in one of the coaches. Railway officials said a passenger had thrown a burning cigarette and some waste plastic material had caught fire.
*Non-exclusive Video Rights*