Woman shocked to find King Cobra in toilet in northern India

Woman shocked to find King Cobra in toilet in northern India

A woman from northern India’s Rajasthan , had the shock when she entered the bathroom and saw the venomous snake sitting inside the commode, its hood spread wide.

The incident took place at Tilak Nagar area of Barmer district on June 28.

Visuals showed a snake had entered a toilet seat, and a snake expert was trying to carefully capture it using a specialized tool. After some effort, he managed to safely remove the snake from the house.

The woman’s scream alerted her family, who immediately called snake rescuer Mukesh Mali. Mukesh arrived promptly and, after about 10 minutes of careful effort, managed to rescue the snake. The family breathed a sigh of relief once the cobra was safely removed.

Mukesh Mali, who has rescued over 7,000 snakes of various species, stated that the King Cobra is the second most venomous snake in the world. Its bite can be fatal to humans, but snakes generally do not bite unless threatened. Mukesh advised people to stay calm and move away if they encounter a snake.

He further explained that the current hot and rainy weather increases the likelihood of snake sightings. The Indian Cobra, also highly venomous, can cause death within 15 minutes of a bite. In contrast, a single bite from a King Cobra can release enough venom to kill 11 people.

This alarming incident serves as a reminder of the importance of vigilance and caution during snake season.


* Non Exclusive Video rights*

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.