Accidental fire destroys tyre godown in southern India, no casualties reported

Accidental fire destroys tyre godown in southern India, no casualties reported

A tyre godown was engulfed in flames in southern India’s Karnataka, resulting in extensive damage. Fortunately, no casualties were reported as the premises were locked and vacant at the time of the incident.

The incident took place at Gavipura in Chamrajpet area of Bangalore on April 7.

Visuals showed after a devastating fire broke out in the factory, billowing smoke emanated from the premises, shrouding the surrounding area in a haze. The atmosphere was charged with a sense of chaos and commotion as onlookers gathered, their anxious murmurs filling the air.

A tyre godown was ravaged by an accidental fire in the early hours of Sunday, leaving it completely gutted. Fortunately, the absence of individuals inside the premises and its securely locked state prevented any casualties.

The blaze erupted around 4:30 a.m., accompanied by a loud burst that alerted nearby residents. Upon rushing outside, they were met with the sight of the godown engulfed in flames. Fueled by the presence of thousands of tires, tubes, and plastic materials stored within, the fire swiftly spread, consuming the entire structure.

Responding swiftly to the emergency, five fire tenders descended upon the scene. After a rigorous five-hour battle, they successfully managed to bring the inferno under control.

While initial assessments point towards a potential electrical short circuit as the likely cause, authorities have launched a thorough investigation to ascertain the precise trigger behind the tragic incident.

*Non Exclusive Video Rights*

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.