Child passes away after inhaling poisonous gas while going down well in eastern India
Location Godda district, eastern India's Jharkhand. Date: 2023-06-23
A child died after inhaling poisonous gas while cleaning a well and five other people who had gone to save him also were left unconscious, in eastern India’s Jharkhand.
This tragic incident happened in Lalmatia police station area of Godda district on June 23.
Visuals showed a huge crowd gathered around the well with the victims inside. According to a report, the child who died has been identified as a 12-year-old named Maqsood Ansari, who had descended into the well-built courtyard of his house. People grew suspicious and thought he had drowned after he didn’t come out for a long time. Another boy went into the well and was suffocated and the same happened with the others as well.
The locals rushed to the spot and informed the rescue team but then they took matters in their own hands after they didn’t get any response. The villagers themselves got all of them out of the well with the help of ropes and admitted them to the hospital.