Fifteen people lose their lives due to electrocution in northern India
Atleast 15 people lost their lives while seven others were left injured after being electrocuted following an explosion of a transformer in northern India’s Uttarakhand.
This incident happened at the Namami Gange project site in Chamoli district on July 19
Visuals showed officials of the State Disaster Response Force (SDRF) at work as they took away a passenger in a stretcher and putting him into an ambulance. According to a report, the circulation of electricity on a metal railing led to this accident with the victims including three home guards and one sub-inspector. Out of those injured, two were taken to the Indian Institute of Medical Sciences in Rishikesh. Five others were rushed to a hospital in Gopeshwar.
“Extremely painful news was received of many casualties due to electrocution in Chamoli. Those injured in the accident have been sent to the nearest hospital for treatment. A magisterial inquiry has been ordered into this unfortunate incident. I pray to God for the peace of the departed souls and the speedy recovery of the injured,” said Pushkar Singh Dhami, the Uttarakhand chief minister expressed his sadness at this accident.
*Exclusive Video Rights*