Fire breaks out in housing society due to running AC in northern India; no casualties reported

Fire breaks out in housing society due to running AC in northern India; no casualties reported

A residential society in  northern India’s Uttar Pradesh was engulfed in flames early Thursday morning when an air conditioning unit burst into flames, igniting a major fire.

The incident took place in Ghaziabad on June 6.

Visuals showed how the fire was being extinguished with water and a police official stating how the fire was extinguished successfully without getting anyone harmed.

The incident occurred in Sector 1 of Vasundhara, Ghaziabad, reportedly due to the continuous operation of the AC amidst soaring temperatures in the city.

According to Chief Fire Officer Rahul Pal, the fire department received a distress call around 05:30 am, prompting the dispatch of two fire tenders to the location. The blaze, originating from an AC installed on the first floor, swiftly spread to the second floor of the building.

Efforts by residents and neighbours to extinguish the flames proved futile, necessitating the intervention of the local fire department. Despite the challenges faced during firefighting operations, the fire was eventually brought under control with the assistance of multiple fire tenders.

As a precautionary measure, authorities disconnected the cooking gas supply to prevent further escalation of the situation. While some items within the affected house were destroyed by the fire, fortunately, there were no casualties reported.

The incident comes amidst a wave of fire-related incidents across Northern India, exacerbated by the intense heat wave prevailing in the region. Notably, on the previous day, a significant fire broke out at a children’s eye hospital in Delhi, further highlighting the urgency of fire safety measures in the face of such emergencies.

* Non Exclusive Video rights*

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.