Four elephants lose their lives after being electrocuted in southern India
Location Katragadda village, Parvathipuram Manyam district, southern India's Andhra Pradesh. Date: 2023-05-12
Four elephants came in contact with an electricity transformer and were electrocuted and killed, in southern India’s Andhra Pradesh.
#Watch: Four elephants lose their lives after being electrocuted in southern India#Elephants #AndhraPradesh
Full story 👇https://t.co/dbcNfOMPbU pic.twitter.com/koCYJlM83s
— Newslions (@newslions_live) May 13, 2023
This incident happened in Katragadda village in Parvathipuram Manyam district on May 12.
Visuals showed the carcasses of the elephants lying in the area as people gathered around them. The police also were at the spot. According to a report, the elephants were found lying near a KV (11,000 watts) transformer and were found by the locals. The cause of their deaths were confirmed to be because of electric shock as per Srikanthanatha Reddy, the chief conservator of forest. Out of the four, two elephants were females while one a male and the other, a calf. Villagers stated that power went off on May 11 (Thursday).